Wednesday, September 12, 2012

CCP4-6.3.0 now available in Fink

CCP4-6.3.0 in Fink:

I've finally managed to update the Fink CCP4 package that I maintain, so it will compile on OS X 10.8 and install CCP4 version 6.3.0, which was released about a month and a half ago.

I apologize for the delay.

I've managed to speed up the compile time, especially for phaser and cctbx.  The whole  thing takes less than a half hour to configure, compile and install on my 8 processor iMac.

I've put it into fink's cvs for 10.8 and 10.7.  I am almost ready to add it in for 10.6.  I have no way of testing anything below 10.6, and I am just assuming if it works on 10.8, it will work on 10.7.

Known problems:

bp3 and the associated "leiden" programs, as with previous versions, seg-faults at run time. I have no idea how to fix this.

rapper also seg-faults.

I tried very hard to get phaser to compile with mpi support.  I have not yet succeeded.

If you find additional problems, please post a description here.

2 comments:

kiwhite said...

Thanks, Bill—much appreciated.

William G. Scott said...

The "known problems" have now been addressed and corrected.